Club Tropicana expects staff to pull shifts at strip club

‘I took that as my cue to leave’

A confused fourth year was told in a job interview at Club Tropicana she would also be expected to work at stripjoint Private Eyes.

The Aberdeen student found the bar job on Gumtree, which had no mention of working at both venues.

But it soon became apparent she would be hired by both. She said: “They said you would be expected to help out in all aspects of the business – including Private Eyes.

“I took that as my cue to leave.”

“Work for us, and maybe in a stip club”

Private Dancer LTD, a Dundee based club, own five venues in Aberdeen.

The company seem to be making a killing from their thrifty tactics, with a net worth over £1.2 million .

She wanted a job here…

And another student who used to work behind the bar at Private Eyes 2 said: “When other places run by the same people were short staffed they drafted in staff from other venues, soon they expected all staff to be flexible with short notice.

“One thing I found strange is the owners own several flats in Aberdeen and kept them for dancers from Eastern Europe to live in, sometimes piling like four in a bedroom.”

But was offered one here as part of the deal…

But other ex-workers from Tropicana didn’t have a problem with it. A fourth-year Health and Nutrition student said: “It’s not like you’re working as a stripper, it’s just at the bar. And some people prefer that, it’s better tips and better working hours.

“There was one free drink at the end of each shift – so there is that.”