Aberdeen rises two places in university league tables

Aberdeen climbs the league tables for 2015 coming in at 41.

The Guardian University League Table for 2015 has been released informing hopeful applicants of where they should be applying this year.

It has always been clear from our tendency to jump between the 30’s and 40’s that Aberdeen is never going to top the charts and this year we came in at 41st, a slight improvement on last year’s 43rd ranking.

Out of the four longstanding universities Aberdeen still places behind Edinburgh and Glasgow, coming in at 18 and 25 respectively, although we did beat out Dundee who ranked at 47.

However, all is not lost as we have risen from 72 to 76.6 in career prospects, which is the category everyone checks right after Aberdeen’s ranking and its comparison to RGU – 51st, by the way.

The results shown from the unavoidable National Student Survey appear not to have changed at all over the past year. In terms of student satisfaction with both the course and teaching standards the scores have remained high at over 88% this year.

Our student to staff ratio also remains one of the best in Scotland at 11.4 this year.

As for the results from the feedback category, they continue to lower the university’s average with a slightly increased score of  67.1. Considering the strikes this year, a staff satisfaction survey may have further dropped Aberdeen’s ranking.

As for the big leagues, Cambridge manages to hold on to its number 1 ranking for the 4th year in a row, narrowly beating Oxford, whilst St Andrews managed to regain 3rd place, remaining the highest ranked university in Scotland.