DJ JERC tears up Exodus

The Tab was invited to see DJ JERC play a great set at Exo, but it was sad day for house music in Aberdeen.

On the 20th February we were invited to review local talent DJ JERC (James Campbell) playing at Exo following his feature on Radio 1 the previous weekend.

Whilst Exo is a favourite haunt of many it certainly isn’t always the busiest club in Aberdeen, but on Thursday it was bouncing due to the extremely talented man on the decks.

By 1am the club was full and the crowd dancing almost manically to DJ JERC who was reading them brilliantly. His talent brought the most eclectic mix of people we had ever seen in one club at a time.

The host, Jonny Kennedy, pulled us behind the decks when he saw us flying The Tab flag. His aim was to showcase some of the best talent in Scotland, let alone Aberdeen, and he got it right.

But whilst the music was fantastic the celebration of the DJs talent was tainted due to the news released earlier that day that Snafu will be closing its doors in the next few weeks.

Jonny said, “I’m just gutted we’ve lost the best club in Aberdeen.

They housed some of the best musical talent in Scotland and brought some of the best DJ’s & producers from around the globe to shape a music scene that is like a microcosm if the scene in Glasgow or London. The club will be greatly missed by all.”

DJ JERC is sure that another club will open in Aberdeen for lovers of house music:

“Of course another club will pop up, but it’s sad to see Snafu go. It was an amazing club.”

Considering his set last night, we hope that somewhere else does open very soon. It would be a shame for such talent to not have anywhere to play in his hometown.

Until then – afters at The Tab HQ?

Check out DJ JERC’s Facebook page here.