The full relationship timeline of Chrishell Stause and G Flip, from music videos to marriage

They go on double dates with Jason and Marie-Lou!

It’s been less than two years since Selling Sunset star Chrishell Stause met Australian musician G Flip – and in that time the two have starred in music videos together, gone on a ton of holidays, and got married! Oh, and G Flip wrote a whole song about Chrishell, no biggie. The timeline of their relationship may have been a bit of a whirlwind, but people say when you know you know, and Chrishell and G Flip seem so happy with each other. They’ve even appeared on season six of Selling Sunset together!

Here’s the full relationship timeline of Chrishell Stause and G Flip:

October 2021 – Chrishell and G Flip meet through a mutual friend

G Flip told The Viall Files podcast they met Chrishell briefly in 2021. The two of them crossed paths as G Flip’s friend Tones And I, another Australian musician, was also friends with Chrishell and Chrishell was showing her houses in America.

Speaking on the People Every Day podcast, G Flip said they moved to LA in September 2021 and met Chrishell at Halloween of that year. At the time Chrishell was with her Selling Sunset co-star Jason and G was also with an ex partner. Chrishell and Jason announced their split in December 2021.

2022 – Chrishell ‘flame emoji-ing’ G Flip’s Instagram stories

G has spoken about how they started getting together. “This is how I remember it, and Chrishell would be like ‘well I don’t know’ – but she was flame emoji-ing stories on my story! I reckon that’s flirting”, G Flip told The Viall Files podcast. There’s no set date for this on their relationship timeline, but it appears this started happening between Chrishell and G Flip in early 2022.

“She was like ‘I flame all my friends’, and I’m like ‘I’m a lesbian wearing a bikini’. When there was a few in a row, it wasn’t just like one, I thought that was a little bit flirty.”

Chrishell has said their relationship started when G asked her to be in their music video for their song Get Me Outta Here. At the Selling Sunset season five reunion, Chrishell said: “It started because I was just going to be in their video, it’s about this chaotic love story. I come from soaps, I love acting, and with the job that we have I don’t always get to do it. At first of course I was like ‘yes let’s do that’.” She said G Flip had “made the first move”.

No one’s confirmed when the music video was filmed, but it was released in May 2022 so was likely filmed earlier that year.

Chrishell was meant to be going on a dating show but the two of them ended up falling in love

G said they’d previously spoken to Chrishell about how they’d just moved to the US and were trying to build a good friendship group around themself living in a new city, and Chrishell ended up asking if G wanted to meet some of her friends – so naturally, Chrishell threw a party so G could meet them all.

g flip chrishell

via Instagram @chrishell.stause

“I met heaps of really cool people that I’m now really close friends with, and then me and Chrishell were flirting a little bit and we made out that night in the pantry”, G told The Viall Files podcast.

“A few weeks [after the party] we played a show, and we had a little cheeky make-out after my show.” G asked Chrishell on a date after this, but says Chrishell turned it down, saying she was straight. But then G was looking at houses to rent, asked her for some advice, and of course Chrishell ended up taking them on a tour around them all. “Obviously some flirting went down”, G said, and the two of them started “low-key dating” after this.

G said they weren’t looking for a relationship, and Chrishell was meant to be going on a dating show similar to The Bachelor later that year, which was going to be centred around Chrishell as the main person everyone is trying to date. “We did not plan to fall in love”, G said. “We were actively trying not to, both of us, and then it just happened.”

March 2022 – people start to clock Chrishell and G Flip may be dating

Chrishell and G Flip have since confirmed that they started dating in March 2022. That same month, gay TikTok was full of rumours that Chrishell and G Flip were dating. Fans noticed the two were low-key “Insta flirting”, with a LOT of Insta comments being exchanged between the pair – including one where Chrishell said G Flip’s song Gay 4 Me made her “emotional and horny”.

Early in the relationship timeline of Chrishell and G Flip. (Screenshot from March 2022, via Instagram.)

The pair were pictured together in March 2022 at the Bridgerton season two release party, as well as posting pictures hanging out  together and at parties and dinners with friends.

Fans spotted Chrishell at a Fletcher concert in LA, where G was the warmup act. Chrishell even commented on G Flip’s Insta about the show, saying: “I’m sad it’s over😩You KILLED IT ❤️‍🔥🔥❤️‍🔥🔥👑 “. G Flip replied: “thnx baby 😘”. And people spotted the two of them in Denver, America, holding hands in April 2022 – apparently on holiday together.

May 2022 – Chrishell confirms G Flip dating rumours at the Selling Sunset reunion and they’re official!

At the Selling Sunset season five reunion episode, Chrishell said she’d been dating and “having a lot of fun” since breaking up with Jason, before saying: “I recently have been spending a lot of time with someone that’s very important to me. Their name is G Flip.”

She said “life is really good” and she was “in a much happier place” than when she was filming the show. Jason said he’s happy for Chrishell and said G “seems like a badass”.

Chrishell at the Selling Sunset season five reunion, via Netflix

A few days after the reunion, Chrishell posted an emotional Instagram video where she spoke about how she is attracted to “energy” rather than a person’s “physical form”, saying G had “opened [her] eyes” to different options of what her future could look like.

G Flip commented on the Instagram saying: “Well said beautiful 🌈❤️✨”, as did Jason, who said: “Such a beautiful video. ❤️💯”.

Speaking on the People Every Day podcast in May 2022, G confirmed they and Chrishell are “official”. They said: “We both feel like we’ll be in each other’s life forever, we have a very strong connection that you don’t find every day.”

May 2022 – G Flip takes Chrishell to Australia

G is from Melbourne, Australia and in May 2022 the two of them had a holiday down under. Chrishell posted pictures with koalas and kangaroos, at Sydney Opera House and on Bondi Beach.

The pair have since been to Australia more times, including celebrating Christmas 2022 together there!

March 2023 – G Flip shows Chrishell a song they wrote about her

In March 2023 – one year since they’d started dating – G Flip filmed themself and Chrishell in the car, playing her a song they’d written about her. The song is called Be Your Man, which is about their relationship with Chrishell.

G told The Viall Files podcast they’d written the song at the start of dating Chrishell, early on in their relationship timeline when they were trying not to fall in love and Chrishell was set to go on the dating show. One of the main lines of the song is “I’m not what you planned, but I’ll be your man”. G had performed it to Chrishell earlier on but when they showed her in the car it was the first time Chrishell had heard the whole song properly.

The song was officially released in May 2023.

May 2023 – Chrishell and G Flip announce they are married!

Chrishell and G Flip announced in May 2023 they’d had a Vegas wedding. “It was very unplanned and very untraditional”, G told The Viall Files podcast.

They said Chrishell had already done a “big, traditional wedding” (with actor Justin Hartley, who went on to divorce her via text) so the two of them wanted to do something more lowkey and un-traditional. “It was the most fun and beautiful day of my life”, G said.

G told the podcast they and Chrishell plan to do a wedding ceremony every year in different locations and with different people, like how people celebrate their birthday every year. They said Chrishell calls them her “wusband” – a cross between husband and wife. I’m not crying, you are.

They told the podcast they have a tattoo on their leg of Chrishell’s dog, Gracie, which they surprised her by getting. G also said they have become good mates with Jason and Brett, and it’s not weird that Chrishell and Jason are exes – they’ve been on double dates with Jason and his new girlfriend Marie-Lou, and G is trying to convince Brett and Jason to be their backup dancers on their next tour. Iconic.

Featured image via Instagram @chrishell.stause and Netflix

For all the latest Netflix news, drops, quizzes and memes like The Holy Church of Netflix on Facebook.