Jeepers Creepers

The shocking fashion disaster

They’re not heels, they’re not boots, they’re not wedges. They’re CREEPERS!

Bitches be trippin’ from new heights

An ugly shoe with a totally unnecessary platform covering the entire length of the sole. Originally Creepers were 3cm thick, but are now available in 5cm and even have a wedge version with a heel of 5 inches.

So what’s the need to add 3cm or 5cm to your height? Unlike heels or wedges they do not flatter your legs or give the impression of toned pins, nor do they project an image of class or elegance.

Ironically, your standard red brick is 5cm thick, so you’re basically paying to have bricks stuck to the bottom of your feet, which your dad would’ve made you for free.

Some people have one leg significantly shorter than the other and have specially-made shoes to add height to the lacking leg, so is this where the idea for Creepers came from?

To make matters worse… they even come in leopard print

They’ve crept onto our high street, they’ve crept into some unfortunate wardrobes, they’ve crept out of practical medical devices and now they’ve crept into ‘fashion’. Now they’ve made a big entrance into the start of The Tab’s Top Fashion Disasters list.

PLEASE NOTE: Do not attempt to quietly creep around in Creepers, the very opposite effect is achieved.

@kirstyfardell
Get the best of The Tab on our app.

, Cardiff Editor of The Tab

Clubbers of the week

I need a one dance

, Cardiff Editor of The Tab

I tried to buy all my festival items in one shop

Every item was bought for £3 or under

, Cardiff News Editor at The Tab

Eduroam blocks South Wales Police enquiry form

The form goes against university policy protecting our safety

, Chief Reporter

There’s a petition for the Rhodes Must Fall leader to have his scholarship revoked

It already has more than 27,000 signatures

, National Editor

‘I tore up the rose she’d sent’: The secret stories from your most awkward break-ups

Confessions of relationships that went wrong

How much money do you owe your parents right now?

We asked people how in debt they are to the ‘Bank of Mum and Dad’

London now has a halls of residence for grown-ups

It’s exactly as awful as it sounds

Running has pulled me out of my anxiety and misery

I was a miserable wreck until I found my cure

, Exeter Editor of The Tab

There is a campaign to provide sanitary bins in male toilets for trans students

28,000 trans students need our support