Winter Beauty: Make A Statement!

In our first shoot of term, TOM RASMUSSEN, JOY STARKEY and THURSTAN REDDING show you how to perfect your make up to brighten up your winter wardrobe.

beauty bronwyn jones Cambridge fashion fashion shoot Joy Starkey lolia etomi london fashion week thurstan redding Tom Rasmussen

With the cold Cambridge wind creeping in, the time to wear summer dresses and sky-scraper day heels is fading as fast as the sun. It is officially time to let practicality play a part in your wardrobe.

But don’t let this get you down – paying attention to your make-up will take the attention off your tattered winter warmers. And lucky for you, we will show you how it’s done:

Day Glow

Fresh faced and ready for lectures

Simply prime your face normally and add highlighter above the cheekbones and below the brows. Finish off with tousled hair and neutral lips.

Glamour

A smokey eye with a defined brow is great for formal

Gradually build deeper colours on a grey or silver base which climbs all the way to the brow. Don’t forget to add highlighter in the corners of each eye to give yourself a sparkle. Red lipstick mixed with Vaseline on the back of your hand can be daubed on to give a stained-sheen.

Statement Eyes

Make your eyes POP!

Choose an eye shadow that complements your skin tone, but don’t let your lids steal the show – wack on those lashes! Here, we teamed electric blue eyes with black lip gloss to add an edgy feel.

40s Pin-Up Chic

Red lipped beauty

Apply lipstick to the cheeks and massage in to give a porcelain doll feel. Hold off on the eyeliner, define the brows and gently curl the hair. If you’re feeling saucy you could add a timeless beauty spot. And don’t forget those pillar-box red lips!

Boho Beauty

High style, yet easy to achieve

This look is stolen from Twiggy. Brush out your curls to achieve a relaxed wave. Add a thin line of eyeliner over the socket-bone to get one of this season’s biggest make-up looks. Keep the lips nude, the skin fresh and square off your brows.

Androgynous Eyebrows

Show stealing brows!

Tie your hair up and sculpt your eyebrows with soft Kohl pencil in a matching shade to your brows. Be bold – this look takes a lot of confidence. Even it out with beautiful berry lips and you’re sure to feel fab.

Hair and Make up: Joy Starkey and Tom Rasmussen

Models: Lolia Etomi and Bronwyn Jones

Photographer: Thurstan Redding