Sussex University postpones winter graduations due to coronavirus

Graduates were told this afternoon in an email from the University’s Head of Graduation

In an email sent out to graduates this afternoon, the University announced that they are postponing all graduation ceremonies as a result of Covid-19.

They stated that they will get back in contact during spring time, when hopefully they will be able to provide graduations.

The University has stated this news comes as a result of not being able to host large scale events.

In the email Caroline Lehany, who is head of graduation and corporate events, stated: “We were hoping to be able to invite you to attend your graduation ceremony in January 2021. Regretfully, the University has made the difficult decision to postpone our winter graduation ceremonies. I am sure you will understand that the continuing situation around Covid-19 and not being able to hold large scale events, leaves us with no other choice and that this decision has been taken with great reluctance.

“Given the current uncertainties, we are unable to say when the postponed ceremonies will take place. We will be in touch in Spring when we have further information. Once the details have been finalised, we will update our graduation webpage with the new information.”

At the end of the email, Caroline stressed that if anyone receiving the email had questions about graduating then they should not hesitate to contact the University via email.