Image may contain: Female, Face, Human, Person

The University of Sussex ranks second best in the UK… for American Studies

But how did the uni rank overall?

The University of Sussex's American Studies course is the second best in the United Kingdom, according to the Complete University Guide. Sussex was beaten to the top spot by Birmingham.

Drama, Dance and Cinematics was also ranked the second best in the UK, beaten only by Glasgow.

Image may contain: Photo, Photography, Portrait, People, Female, Crowd, Leisure Activities, Dance Pose, Face, Clothing, Footwear, Apparel, Shoe, Human, Person

Look at those happy faces!

The University was overall given a ranking of 32nd. This was a fall of six places from last year's ranking, and the second lowest ranking the university has received since 2008.

Brighton University has dropped eight places, ranking 114th out of a total of 131 universities.

Only one other course at Sussex was ranked in the top 10 in the UK. Anthropology was ranked the seventh best in the United Kingdom – down three places from last year.

Image may contain: College, Furniture, Chair, Room, Indoors, Classroom, School, Person, Human

We better get working if we want to get a higher ranking…

Sussex Law course was ranked 30th in the UK, falling seven places. The Medicine course fell two places, now being ranked 18th in the United Kingdom.

See the full rankings from the Complete University Guide here.