Image may contain: Word, Poster, Paper, Flyer, Brochure

Breaking: Sussex Festival cancelled

Deadlines were not met by external companies

Sussex Festival, announced in February, has been cancelled just two and a half weeks before it was due to take place. No acts had been announced, even after Native Brighton promised information would arrive on Friday 13 April.

Following the success of Sussex Festival: Welcome to the Jungle that took place in September, Sussex SU were hoping to bring back another multi-venue music event on campus.

Sussex SU and Native had been working tirelessly in order to organise the festival and end of year celebration, but unfortunately some key deadlines were not met by external companies, meaning the event could not be delivered in the way they felt students would be happy with. Due to these unforeseen issues, the event cannot go forward.

In a statement released by Sussex SU on Facebook, an explanation was given:

"The Students’ Union have worked hard to deliver a strong, diverse range of events across the year, both on campus and in the wider community, and the decision to cancel the event is not one that we’d make lightly. However, we’re hard at work planning a variety of alternative events between now and the end of the academic year, which will be announced shortly. Our top priority is ensuring students at all levels of study are able to celebrate the end of a fantastic year at Sussex".

They have also confirmed that full refunds will be issued to everyone that has purchased tickets within seven days.