Image may contain: Drinking, Drink, Beverage, Person, People, Human, Cup

It’s Wellbeing Week, have a look at what’s happening

Take a look at what’s going on

Every student deserves to look after their wellbeing while at university. Whether it's taking the time to be more mindful, play some sport, or cuddle a dog, looking after your wellbeing is key to a positive university experience.

To encourage students to look after their body and mind, Sussex Students' Union are running a Wellbeing Week this week, packed full of self-care events. Focusing on different themes, each day of the week is themed around one of '5 Ways to Wellbeing'.

On Monday, the theme was 'Give', which kickstarted the weeklong Donation Station, where students can donate food and hygiene items to St Anne’s Day Centre, who support homeless and isolated people in Brighton and Hove. There was also a Wellbeing fair at the Meeting House and a film screening of Amelie.

Here's everything that's going on throughout the rest of this week:

Tuesday 27

Today's theme is 'Keep learning'. You may have attended the 'how to handle fake news' session in the library this afternoon, or either of the mindfulness sessions available today.

If you're fluent in a language or are keen on learning another one, there's no perfect way to end today than going to the language cafe. Specially themed just for today, students will be encouraged to discuss what it means to look after their wellbeing in different cultures in room 76 from 6-7:30pm.

Wednesday 28

The wellbeing theme of Wednesday is 'Be active'. The beginning of the day will once again give you the opportunity to attend a mindfulness session at the Meeting House at 9:30-10am.

Image may contain: Yoga, Working Out, Stretch, Sports, Sport, Fitness, Exercise, Furniture, Couch, Refrigerator, Fridge, Electrical Device, Appliance, Person, People, Human

Fancy some table tennis? If so, Mandela hall is the place you would want to be from 12pm-12:30pm, as this will provide the opportunity to test your skills or to even make a start in the sport.

To see our beautiful campus from a different view, maybe you'd like to join the guided boundary walk on Wednesday. The walk is running from 1pm-2:30pm, with the walk beginning at the Meeting House steps.

If you can't make it to the boundary walk but still want to get involved in a fun outdoor activity then come along to Ultimate Frisbee from 1.30pm-3.30pm at Russell's Clump.

To exercise both your body and mind, you can take part in the Beginner's Run taking place at the Sports Centre from 2pm-2:30pm, or the session at 3pm-4pm for more experienced runners.

Want to get fit but have been avoiding the trip to the gym? Take the first step towards being in shape by going for the Small Space Workout in Lancaster Common Room, 6:30pm- 7:30pm.

You can also join in with the Sussex Pride celebrations throughout the day on Wednesday, including the Pride Parade that begins after 2pm and life music at Room 76 in the evening.

Thursday 1

Thursday is University Mental Health Day, with the theme of the day being 'Take notice'. Taking care of your mental health is incredibly important, yet is something many of us tend to neglect during our time at university.

To kick off the day there is a Doggy De-Stress session running from 9:30am-11am in the Meeting house. The event, which is now sold out, will allow students to relax and enjoy the company of therapy dogs.

Particularly in the cold weather, there's nothing better than drinking a warm cup of tea and sitting in a comfortable environment to air your thoughts and feelings. You can do exactly that at the tea and talk session happening in the meeting house from 9:30-11am.

Image may contain: Cup, Person, People, Human

Need a massage, free of charge? If yes, you can pop along to the free massage session from 11am-2pm in Meeting Room 2, Falmer House.

The world cafe will also be focusing on Mental Health this week, so make you way down to Bramber House room 254 at 4.30pm-6pm to learn about and discuss the different perspectives on mental health.

Love painting, drawing, or colouring? Then the Mindfulness Through the Arts session is just the place for you. Whether you are an expert or beginner, you can attend the session from 2pm-5pm to relax and chat with others while you create. The location is yet to be announced.

You don't have to be science expert to appreciate the stars that decorate the night skies. A star gazing event happening from 6:30pm-8:30pm provides the perfect opportunity for you to admire the phenomenons of outer space. Just head over to the Falmer patio for this amazing event.

Friday 2

The final day of Wellbeing week is themed 'Connect'. Starting off with The Women in Leadership Conference running from 11am-6pm, you can take part in a series of talks, workshops and performances aimed to inspire young female and non-binary students. This empowering event will be taking place in the Attenborough Centre. You can grab a ticket here.

The final mindfulness session of the week will be held at the The Meeting House from 1pm-1.30pm, giving you the chance to reflect on the week and gather your thoughts.

For those who want to feel more informed on how to support your friends, you can attend the Look After Your Mate Workshop 2pm-5pm. The location of this event is still to be announced, but you can register here.

An REDS Workshop: Connect with Respect will be held on Friday, providing the perfect opportunity to reflect on notions of diversity and respect related to connecting to others. To take part, head over to the Global Studies Resource Centre in Arts C from 3pm-4pm.

If there is one thing that every student is an expert in, it's procrastination. Learn how to understand and change your habits at the procrastination workshop happening in Fulton 112 from 3pm-4pm.

Enjoy a good board game? There's also a board game session being held in Lancaster Common Room from 4pm-6pm. We've heard there'll be brownies!

Finally, the week ends with a screening of the popular animated film Inside out. So bring out your inner child from 5pm-7pm and enjoy this event in the Debating Chamber of Falmer House.

So that's all that's going on during wellbeing week. There's something for everyone to get involved in, to have fun and to practice self care. Why not pop along to one of the events?

For more information head over to: www.sussex.ac.uk/wellbeing/wellbeingweek18