EXCLUSIVE: The Globe is shutting down

Say goodbye to The Globe

The Tab Sussex has found out that The Globe, one of the bars owned by the Students’ Union, will be closing in the near future as the venue will now be sold to a new owner and changed into something else. The date of the closure is to be confirmed.

Rumours that the bar would be closing over the summer have been circulated for a period of time. However, it has now been confirmed that the bar will be sold to another company. The Laines Pub Company, who own the venue currently rent it out to the Students’ Union, but will be selling the venue to another company.

Whilst the physical venue may still be there, depending on what the buyers wish to do with the land, The Globe that operates under the Students’ Union will no longer be there.

Staff have been made aware that the bar will, in the near future, no longer be operating and that staff who work at The Globe will either move to work in other Students’ Union outlets or be employed by the buyer of The Globe.

The closure of The Globe comes after the devastating news that our beloved East Slope Bar will be closing at the end of the year. The Students’ Union is set to release a statement shortly with full details about the upcoming closure.

The last trading day of The Globe will be March 17. The week beginning March 12 will see farewell events for The Globe.