Brighton Trans and Non-Binary Conference returns for 2017

The conference is scheduled to run alongside Brighton Trans PRIDE.

Hide Images

The Annual Brighton Trans and Non-Binary Conference for Brighton takes place on Thursday 20th July from 9am-5pm at the University of Brighton’s Grand Parade, and is scheduled to run alongside Brighton’s Trans PRIDE (July 21st-23rd).

Grand Parade, University of Brighton

The conference invites trans and non-binary people, researchers, community and voluntary sectors, and those who want to know more about trans lives issues to bring all communities together.

The confirmed keynote speakers for the conference are Jack Monroe (a British activist, columnist and author of ‘A Girl Called Jack’), Dr Meg-John Barker (a writer, therapist and activist-academic at the Open University), EJ Scott (curator of the Museum of Transology) and Juno Roche (Trans Activist and Blair Peach Award winner).

By running just prior to the start of the Brighton Trans PRIDE, which begins on July 21st until July 23rd, the two events seek to bring trans and non-binary, researchers, and allies together to discuss issues raised within the trans and non-binary community, make the communities more inclusive, and provide support for those within the trans and non-binary community.

Within the conference, there is plenty of support there if needed. There will be a quiet room available at the conference and volunteers from Brighton & Hove LGBT Switchboard will be there for support. The building is also fully accessible and sign translators can be appointed if needed.

The conference is taking place at the University of Brighton’s Grand Parade Building, 58-67 Grand Parade, BN2 0JY.

Those who identify as Trans and Non-Binary are admitted free to the conference, but must register in advance. Otherwise, cost for tickets range from £30 (those not supported by employers or an organisation) to £90 (those supported by an employer, university, or organisation), depending on your package. To book online for the conference, go to this website. There are only 130 places for the conference, and the last date for booking is July 14th, so don’t waste any time in grabbing your tickets.