Sussex is a world-leading university in eight subjects

Good news for Geographers and Anthropologists

This month saw the publication of the annual QS University World Rankings by subject, which looked at over 4,000 universities worldwide.

The rankings look at 42 different subject areas in order to determine which universities are the best globally in each field. This year, Sussex has placed in the top 100 worldwide for 8 subjects.

Global studies, which is made up of Anthropology, Geography, International Development and International Relations, has made the top 100 along with six other subjects: Communication & Media Studies, English Language and Literature, Geography, History, Politics and International Studies and Sociology.

Sussex is also officially the best in the UK and in Europe for Development Studies, with only Harvard beating us globally.

Speaking to the University, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Professor Clare Mackie said:  “To have eight subjects ranked in the top 100 worldwide is a phenomenal achievement for the University of Sussex.  These results reflect the international standing of the University and the quality of the teaching and experience we offer.”