Law ball scandal: Fresher has purse stolen by fellow guest

Oh the irony

A stunned law fresher had her purse stolen at the annual university law ball.

Kathy was partying away at the Oran More on Great Western Road at around 11pm when someone sneakily made off with her purse.

It was wadded with £40 in cash and a free McDonald’s McNugget meal voucher.

Such sophistication before the forth-coming drama

Hapless Kathy had shimmied to the dancefloor to dance to Flo Rida’s “Low” – but when she returned to the table 20 minutes later her clutch was open and her purse gone.

Speaking to The Tab, Kathy said: “Basically I came back and it was gone. I then looked about a bit thinking I had dropped it, but nope, it was still gone.”

“After harassing the majority of the room, my pals and I eventually found it in the middle of another table at the other end of the room…empty.”

“It made me feel sad. I just sat there gutted for a while. But then I kinda forgot.”

Kathy never reported the missing purse: “I didn’t see the point as I didn’t think there were security cameras.”

So unfortunately, the culprit has not been court, nor did Kathy ever see the forty quid or voucher again.

The run-away purse itself

If you got the chance to stand up to the person who stole your dolla’ – what would you say?

Kathy said: “I would tell them that they are shite!”.

Despite the money crisis and all-round heart-breaking loss of a free McNugget meal, Kathy did not let this slight hiccup put a dampener on her night.

“I perfected the sob story and used it as the perfect excuse to get free drinks.”