Society style: Photography club

Chenxin’s coat game is on point

We asked Strathclyde societies, clubs and sports teams to nominate their most stylish member and first up we have the Photography Club’s nominee, Chenxin Xie.

Chenxin is a fourth year Finance student from Fujian, China, who loves Instagram and keeping warm.

Photo by Photography Club President Hamish McCreadie

How would you describe your style?

I really don’t know, maybe casual? When I think about what I want to wear today, the only thing I care about is the temperature and what to wear that will make me feel good.

Where do you get your style inspiration?

I get my style inspiration from social media, such as Instagram, Facebook and Weibo. Most of the accounts that I follow on Instagram are about photography and fashion. For example, I’m now following Kendall Jenner, Alexa Chung and Cindy Crawford on Instagram.

The horse is clearly jealous of Chenxin’s coat

Who are your fashion icons?

It’s hard to say as it changes all the time. Right now, the Chinese fashion model Liu Wen is my favourite.

What’s your favourite trend at the moment?

I always believe in the KISS Principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid). Any trend that follows this principle could be one I like and would try. I love trying different kinds of trends.

What is your most worn item of clothing?

My most worn item of clothing must be my wool coat. It’s very useful especially for the lovely weather these days!

Fab colour coordination

Tell us a bit about the Photography Club?

It’s my second year in the Photography Club and I’ve really enjoyed the time I’ve spent there. That’s why I joined the committee this year. We have a lot of events, such as the photo walk, the tutorial and the social. We also lend equipment to our official members.

What’s your position on the committee?

I’m now working as the event manager in the Photo Club Committee. My responsibility involves organising the events for our society. Actually, most of the time, all our committee members work together to do it. We are a team. I’m so happy to work with these brilliant fellows.

Tell everyone your brolly is actually a statement accessory this season

What are the socials like?

Usually, we have a social on Mondays. We go to the Ark, socialize and enjoy some free food there. I always have a wonderful time with my friends from Photo Club, the people there are so nice. Last year, we had Christmas dinner and it was my first Christmas dinner with friends.

If your society wants to nominate someone, contact us at: [email protected]. At the end of the year we’ll have a vote to see who will be crowned the most stylish. We might even get the winner an actual crown, so get on it.