Top things to do this week

Your deadlines don’t exist

Asquires & The Vic presents: Harvest Throwback, Thursday

The popular Throwback night at the Vic is back again but this time it’s a little different. Instead of the usual £3, entry will be one food item (can of veg, pasta, etc). Every item that is brought will be donated to Storehouse St. Andrews, a food bank which serves vulnerable people in Fife. The difference you will make is tangible and you know the tunes will be ones you know and love, so there’s no excuse!

Re:fashion, Monday

What started out as a second-year Management project has developed into the student-run shopping event of the semester. Re:fashion will feature everything from wellies to ball gowns and boasts a number of famous labels. Come to Parliament hall at 7 to refresh your wardrobe.

Photo: Daniil Lapko

UoSA Symphony Orchestra- a night of Dvorak and Sibelius, Tuesday

Going to this classical concert will be the most cultured thing you do all semester. The university orchestra, together with guest conductor Chris George and guest cello soloist Christian Eliott have prepared some of the most venerated music of the 20th century.  Tickets are £7 for adults, £4 for students, and free to children under the age of 12. Tickets are available online, and on the door. The concert will start at 19:30 in Younger Hall.

Welly Ball, Saturday

A black-tie event where girls don’t have to wear heels – the dream. And this year’s Welly Ball promises great things (free food). While dinner tickets are all sold out, you might still be able to scrounge up an afterparty ticket. Read our preview of Welly Ball here.

Gingerbread Decorating Workshop, Wednesday

Christmas is coming, and that’s undeniably exciting. Start the celebrations now with this Gingerbread decorating workshop, hosted by the university Design Team. They will provide everything you need for only £2. The Union at 6pm.

From the Design Team’s Fresher’s Week workshop