University starts tackling substandard accommodation

Following a number of protests regarding the quality of student accommodation in St Andrews, the university has started to address the issue. This Friday 17th April, the University’s Court and […]

Following a number of protests regarding the quality of student accommodation in St Andrews, the university has started to address the issue.

This Friday 17th April, the University’s Court and Students’ Association will be meeting to discuss the state of housing in the St Andrews private sector. This will present the first chance to gain the university’s backing to challenge substandard accommodation in St Andrews.

The university’s Accommodation Team is arranging tours for court members and senior university officials to showcase the state of housing in St Andrews. Therefore, if you are currently living in substandard and overpriced accommodation, do get in touch if you are willing to include your residence on the tour on Friday afternoon. You can email the accommodation officer at [email protected] or get in touch via their facebook page.

In another scheme to address the standard of accommodation in St Andrews, the Students’ Association is continuing to compile a list of any substandard accommodation that is currently being rented in St Andrews. They are reaching out to students living in substandard housing to report it to the Accommodation Advocate at [email protected]. Meanwhile, local fife councillors have also reached out to the student body asking for help in addressing the issue.