What to wear: Pimms

The Lumsden girls are set to wow us again with their last big event of the year: Pimm’s 2013. To honour a truly British drink, the theme is ‘Swinging Sixties’ […]

The Lumsden girls are set to wow us again with their last big event of the year: Pimm’s 2013. To honour a truly British drink, the theme is ‘Swinging Sixties’ in a celebration of British style. Whether you want to go all out, or just nod to the trend, this theme contains endless options.

The ‘60s can be divided into 3 distinct style tribes: Mods, Rockers and Hippies. For the Mods, a printed shift dress is a great way to interpret the look without looking too costume-y. A dress in this style is the perfect Sixties reference, whilst also channelling sunny summer vibes. Double whammy!

Image

Image © Asos Blog, Harper’s Bazaar

Rocker doesn’t have to mean head to toe leather. Here, Daisy Lowe throws a cropped leather jacket over a floral dress for instant rocker cool.

image © glamourmagazine.co.uk

Remember to look extra fly in a pair of aviators on the bus ride there. A hippie-inspired outfit is a great option if you’re looking for something a bit more laid-back – and if you managed not to lose your floral headband at Under Canvas last week.

image © stealherstyle.net

Tay Swift looks very Pimm’s appropriate here in hippie-style florals with co-ordinating hairband.

Hair and make-up inspiration should be taken from one of the ultimate sixties style goddesses: Bridgette Bardot. Think big eyes and even bigger hair.

image © fashaholicsanonymous.com

Fellas can take inspiration from George Harrison and opt for a zany patterned blazer, or go urban-chic with dapper bow ties and mixed prints for a classic St Andrews look. Don’t be afraid of growing in some designer stubble!

image © stylecourt.blogspot.com

image © theurbangentleman.blogspot.com

Above all, make sure you’re wearing something comfortable so you can dance the night away to the live bands and DJs. It’s going to be a wonderful night!

Headline image: flowerpower89.wordpress.com