Ambassadors go a “Day Without Pay”

The university’s student ambassadors are going a ‘Day Without Pay’ on 17 April in order to help raise funds for the Ambassador Scholarship fund, which is granted to an incoming […]

The university’s student ambassadors are going a ‘Day Without Pay’ on 17 April in order to help raise funds for the Ambassador Scholarship fund, which is granted to an incoming student to help with the cost of university.

In 2012, the student ambassadors raised £1300 and hope to up the ante to £2000 this year. A 2nd year ambassador, Sophie, said she will go a ‘Day Without Pay’ because it is so easy to affect a student’s life: “I think that the money goes to something good!” She added, “it’s not much, but if enough people do it, it makes a difference.”

Sophie also described the scholarship fund as a worthy cause: “It helps people who can’t afford it to go to St Andrews and get a good education that can help them in life.”

In addition to raising money for the scholarship fund throughout the year, the ambassadors are involved in community projects called Widening Access Schemes. These include, Aspire (for children ages 10-13), First Chances (ages 14-17), STAR (18 and over) and Teach Together.

You can contribute to the Ambssador’s Scholarship here. If you are interested in learning more about the Student Ambassadors program, click here.

Image courtesy of st-andrews.ac.uk