Mark Hamid withdraws his nomination for Association President

Big man on campus and previous SSC Societies Officer Mark Hamid has dropped out of the presidential race, leaving just five candidates campaigning for the office. Hamid explained his withdrawal […]

Big man on campus and previous SSC Societies Officer Mark Hamid has dropped out of the presidential race, leaving just five candidates campaigning for the office.

Hamid explained his withdrawal with, “developments outside the Union have forced me to concentrate on other matters at this time.” These “developments” remain a mystery but The Stand predicts anything from cleaning up bird poo outside the Union to an offer of real-life employment.

Hamid also said that he “is satisfied that each one of the other candidates has the potential to do a great job and wishes them all the best of luck.” Yet another diplomat in the making.

3rd year student Mustafa Dump commented on the fact that already two Sabb candidates have dropped out of the running: “The plot thickens… It’s a shame that we have a narrowing band of nominees to vote for.”

Image courtesy of Hamid’s presidential campaign