Violent Prisoner on the run to Southampton

A violent prison escapee is believed to be on the run and could be heading towards Southampton. Dean Evans, 36 from Hampshire, absconded from Leyhill Open Prison near Bristol. It […]

A violent prison escapee is believed to be on the run and could be heading towards Southampton.

Dean Evans, 36 from Hampshire, absconded from Leyhill Open Prison near Bristol. It was noted that he was missing at 6pm on Monday.

The police have described Evans as

too dangerous to approach

Evans was initially jailed in 2006 after smashing through the window of a house in Southampton as a woman and her children were watching TV, he then started shouting at them claiming “This is my flat” and threatening to burn the place down killing them. Evans, who was semi-naked at the time, was then grabbed by a neighbour, according to the Daily Echo.

Evans then returned to prison in 2011 after breaching the terms of his release.

Evans escaped from Leyhill Prison near Bristol

It is believed that he could be hitchhiking or trying to get a train in a bid to get home to to Hampshire.

Evans has been described as white, about 5 ft 6, of a small build, with blue eyes and cropped brown hair. His left ear is pierced and and he has scars on his face and right arm. He occasionally has a brown beard.

If you do see this man, DO NOT approach him, and call 999 immediately.

Dean Evans’ mugshot – if you see him in Southampton, DO NOT approach him, and call 999. Image: Police Alerts UK & News Reports

Anyone who has seen this man  or has any information regarding his whereabouts should call officers at Avon and Somerset police on 01275 818340, quoting crime reference MP1216/14.