FHM: A Bit Of Fun Or Something More?

You’ve thought it for a while but it’s official, Mila Kunis is the sexiest woman in the world! FHM have released their list of the winners of one of the most anticipated […]

You’ve thought it for a while but it’s official, Mila Kunis is the sexiest woman in the world! FHM have released their list of the winners of one of the most anticipated celebrity crowns of the year.

Despite being ranked 14th last year, Kunis has beaten the likes of Beyoncé, Cheryl Cole and Katy Perry to be crowned the sexiest woman in the world. And is it any wonder? After having starring roles in Friends with Benefits, Ted and Oz: The Great and Powerful and THAT interview with our very own Chris Stark, Mila has proven that she is not only amazingly hot but actually has a personality as well! FHM’s 100 Sexiest Editor, Dan Jude said: “Not only is [Mila] naturally stunning, but she has a great sense of humour and isn’t afraid to poke fun at herself.”

Mila Kunis in her everyday attire

Coming in behind Mila in second place was Rihanna (her constant bikini selfies probably helped a bit with this), third place went surprisingly to last year’s 47th sexiest woman, Helen Flanagan with her former co-star, Michelle Kegan in fourth place and Kelly Brook fifth. So, if that’s what the men of the world think then who am I to argue?

Just one of the Instagram pictures of Rihanna

What really is the purpose of the poll, either way, it’s a controversial one. To entertain men and maybe objectifying women? Some would say yes and find the annual poll not only objectifying and degrading but say it promotes the idea that it’s okay for women to be judged solely on their sex appeal, disregarding personalities, talents and opinions. It could be seen as a step back for gender equality and is just another contribution to the pressures of women to look good. FHM go as far as hosting an awards night identifying winners in categories such as sexiest women in sport (Victoria Pendleton) and sexiest women on TV (Laura Whitmore).

However, all is not lost! There are numerous polls by the likes of Cosmopolitan and Glamour Magazine, for the sexiest men in the world with the likes of Channing Tatum, Justin Timberlake, Ryan Gosling and James Franco frequently reaching the top 10 (and so they should!).

James Franco who has recently starred in Oz: The Great and Powerful, alongside Mila Kunis

So is it just a bit of light-hearted fun? Or does it objectify not only women but men as well? Tell us what you think in the comments!