G4S Rock at Sucking

With the recent furore over the security company G4S’s total failure to provide its promised staff to monitor the upcoming Olympics, it was only a matter of time before some […]

With the recent furore over the security company G4S’s total failure to provide its promised staff to monitor the upcoming Olympics, it was only a matter of time before some busy journalist or blogger uncovered something embarrassing and ironic to make the company appear even more ridiculous. Thankfully, we were not disappointed.

It has recently come to light that G4S had a catchy song written to explain their ‘values’ to the music-listening public. A Texan country rocker named Jon Christoper Davis recorded the record which you will hopefully be able to listen to here. There’s a good chance the video might be taken down as G4S seem understandably reluctant that anyone listens to this given recent events. Google “G4S: Securing Your World song” or something similar if you want a listen. If you’re really keen, you can even buy it.

One of the best aspects of this cheerful number is its ridiculous lyrics which conjure images of fearless armour clad warriors on some kind of epic quest to secure our world from evil. A few choice lines (worthy of Dragonforce) include:

“Because the enemy prowls, wanting to attack/But we’re on the wall, we’ve got your back.”

“Our mission is to maintain the peace/But make no mistake we’ll face the beast/We’ll back him down and make him run/We’ll never leave our post til the job is done”

“We’re guarding you with all our might/Keeping watch throughout the night”

Whether or not you’re into this particular flavour of corporate-driven country rock, this is surely a tune for everyone to appreciate from a company who has themselves admitted that their recent behaviour amounts to a “humiliating shambles”.