Christian Union are holding a Christmas Carol Service tonight in Jesmond

There’ll be free mince pies

Tonight Newcastle University’s Christian Union will be holding its third annual carol service at Jesmond Parish Church.

There will be two hour long services, the first starting at 6pm and the second at 8pm.

Lantern trails have been left out in Jesmond to help you find it, leading from Jesmond Metro and Robinson Library to the church.

They will be giving out free minced pies, hot chocolate and spiced punch.

For international students, there will also be a meal in the Chaplaincy from 6 – 7:45pm.

If even the lanterns can’t help you, there will be a collection from the Robinson Library at 5:50pm to the event.

The Christian Union told The Tab: “The Candlelit Carol Service is a great time to get together and share in the Christmas spirit.

“We invite all students regardless of their beliefs and backgrounds to celebrate Christmas in style. Come along for a class evening full of thousands of candles and sparkles, and plenty of Carol singing, accompanied by the Newcastle University Brass Ensemble.

“There will also be a talk exploring what Christmas truly means. Our aim as a Christian Union is to give every student in this campus a chance to hear and respond to the good news that Jesus Christ has brought – we believe God loves everyone so much, and we want everyone to know that, it’s that simple!”

More information can be found on the event’s Facebook page.