Bouncer of the month: Pete from Soho Rooms

He’s even got an MBE

We all recognise him and it’s no exaggeration to say that Pete from Soho Rooms is everyone’s favourite bouncer. It’s widely thought he’ll be nominated for The Tab’s BNOC of the year, so we went to find out what makes him tick.

What’s the maddest thing that’s ever happened to you?

The most extravagant scenario I’ve ever had is getting an MBE from the Queen.

What did you receive the MBE for?

I got an MBE because I was a champion sportsman worldwide. I use to shoot for Great Britain and I’ve been to America, Canada and all over Britain too. I use to shoot as well in some competitions.

You’re The Tab’s Bouncer of the Month, how does that make you feel?

I’m bouncer of the month every month according to all the students haha…it’s part of doing the job properly.

Bouncer of the month: Pete MBE (left)

Do you enjoy your life as a bouncer at Soho Rooms?

Yeah, but it’s not because of being a bouncer. It’s about being able to study people and talking to people to find out exactly what they’re like. When you talk to people, you have to have respect for people because then they listen to what you have to say.

What is your most ludicrous story?

A couple of days ago on Tuesday we had a girl who went to the university and they were all sick and I’ve never seen anyone be that sick in my life. It was the worst day of my life. In all my time working as a doorman at a bar, I have never seen anyone that sick.

What’s your best doorman story?

I was working at one of the bars and a guy came in the door and he arrested a girl on the floor and I asked him for his card and he couldn’t produce it, so we restrained him and he was arrested.

Photo credit – Chris Gray