Liverpool Guild President co-signs letter to Russell Group asking for no detriment policy

‘We will keep fighting to ensure that students are being properly supported by all Universities’

Adnan Hussain, the Liverpool Guild of Students President, has co-signed a letter sent to Russell Group to express concerns regarding the recent statement saying no member universities will be offering a no detriment policy.

The letter, also signed by fellow Russell Group SU Presidents, asks for five responses from Russell Group. These include allowing students to self-certify for mitigating circumstances, and for confirmation on how these policies will be implemented for affected students.

Adnan revealed this on Instagram with the caption: ‘We will keep fighting to ensure that students are being properly supported by all Universities.’

Adnan told The Tab Liverpool: “It’s really important for universities to be flexible this academic year with so much uncertainty and change within the United Kingdom.

“From this, me and my fellow Guild Officers Imogen, Chloe, and Ffion are in discussion with the University of Liverpool on how the institution can better support our students.”

The Guild officers have also sent their own no detriment proposal to UoL and are waiting for a response.

For more information on the Guild Student Officers’ progress on the no detriment policy, follow @liverpoolguild.

The University of Liverpool has been asked for a comment.