The best things to do in Lincoln to get you in the festive spirit

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

It is finally that time of year to celebrate the festive season, so to help you make the most out of your Christmas we’ve rounded up some of Lincoln’s best festive events happening this year to get you in the Christmas spirit.

Thor’s Tipi

Lincoln’s fave pop up bar is back for Christmas. After a long day roaming around the shops, why not stop by Thor’s tipi for some classic mulled wine and steaming hot chocolate. We visited Thor’s on its opening and it was nothing short of festive fun.

They offer a variety of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as well as hot and cold drinks and street food by Yuzu. Thor’s tipi is the perfect place to stop off and revive the fun of Christmas and give you a chance to either relax or celebrate and party.

You can find Thor’s tipi at Lincoln’s Cornhill Quarter on the high street from 11am to 11pm until the 2nd January.

Lincoln’s Christmas Maker’s market

If you’re struggling for presents, find some one of kind gifts from local artists and crafters at Lincoln’s Christmas Maker’s market. After all the best part of Christmas is giving gifts right?

This market will definitely get you in the festive spirit, as this year the makers market will be bringing together the finest foods, drinks and arts and crafts.

Located in St Martin’s Square, the market will be open from 9am to 7pm on the 2nd December till the 5th December, so that is plenty of time to explore and get shopping.

Christmas at Belvoir Castle

If you fancy taking a mini trip this Christmas and want to experience a colourful array of festive displays, then why not visit Belvoir Castle?

Take a tour of the enchanted light trail, a brand new event for visitors to have a little snoop through the castle’s decorated gardens and interactive displays. Or if you’re feeling a little nostalgic, step back in time at the Regency Christmas event to marvel at Christmas past through the castle.

This year, Christmas at Belvoir Castle will take place from 15th November until the 2nd January running from 11am-5pm each day. Book tickets now and don’t miss out!

Illuminated Wall Walk at Lincoln Castle

Enjoy the breathtaking views of Castle Hill on Lincoln Castle’s Illuminated Wall Walk. Traipse the illuminated walls after dark and have the chance to take in the magical views across the city each evening.

The illuminated wall walk tickets are available from 2nd December to 5th December from 5pm to 9pm daily and 5pm to 6.30pm on Sunday.

Lincoln Christmas Market s

Lincoln Christmas Markets will finally be back this weekend and excitement is through the roof. The market is the best place to find the perfect gifts for family and friends all in one go. There’s something for everyone.

Immerse yourself in the incredible fresh Christmas smells and carol singing. A visit to the market will surely captivate your mood as you walk around the sights of this market.

Located in the Lincoln Cathedral Quarter, nestled in and around the castle and cathedral, the market is open on Thursday 2nd December – 12pm to 9.30pm, Friday 3rd to Saturday 4th December – 10am-9.30pm and lastly  Sunday 5th December 10am to 7pm.

Christmas Carol

Join the Chapterhouse Theatre Company for a Christmas classic performance of Charles Dickens’  A Christmas Carol.

Reminisce as Scrooge is taken on a journey  by three ghosts through the past, present and future, determined to help him embrace the festive spirit.

A Christmas Carol will run from 9th December to 11th December starting at 7.30pm. Tickets are available from £11, making this a great treat to get into the Christmas spirit.

Lincoln Castle Illuminated

Lincoln Castle Illuminated offers families and friends some much needed festivity with the return of this special Christmas experience. Enjoy your walk through the castle’s grounds with a cup of hot chocolate or mulled wine  and take in the spectacular sites.

Still looking for gifts? Make that last minute purchase from the Castle shop. Sorted.

So what are you waiting for? From Saturday 11th December to Thursday 23rd December it’s only £2 to get a ticket and experience the bright lights each evening from 5-9pm.