We rated Lincoln’s coffee shops from a student’s perspective

After all, coffee makes the world go round..

One place we all know students can’t actually study at is their desk at home, usually covered in clutter. The next best thing is are coffee shops, with the background noise and lack of flatmate interruptions to keep you on task.

Whether cafés are your go-to for smashing out essays or if you have never studied in one before, this pseudo working space can be a great location to focus and be productive.

We have curated a guide of the top six coffee shops in Lincoln and close to campus, so you can find your new study space.

6. Coffee Cats

Coffee Cats is the purr-fect place to do your reading, and if by now you haven’t started it is definitely becoming neverending and this is the best place to go. I found it calming while reading there in the home of seven rescued cats.

Coffee Cats is located at the top of Steep hill, so if you can brave the walk this is the place for you, the café itself is cosy and supplies a simple menu with good coffee.

Seating is limited at this coffee shop so be sure to book yourself a slot.

Coffee rating – 5/10

5. Stokes High Bridge Café

The most historical café on this list is Stokes Caféon Lincoln’s high street. Enter this café through its ancient doors and you will be welcomed by the unique, antique building. It is steeped in history and really adds to the appeal of this café.

It is an ideal location if you are looking to eat while working as the menu is favourable and meals are hearty.

Coffee rating – 8/10

4. 200 Degrees

The modern industrial vibes in this café are what made it one of my favourites. It is the perfect place to post on your socials to make you feel studious and proactive (even if you’re not). It’s located at the tastefully regenerated Cornhill Quarter close to campus which makes it fitting if you’re grabbing a takeaway coffee while heading into town or to a lecture.

I was greeted by plenty of seating and a good section of snacks.

Coffee rating – 7/10

3. The Angel Coffee House

This place screamed FRESH. They have the most amazing tasting coffee and freshly prepared food and not to mention how friendly and welcoming the staff here are.

It’s located in an old vestry hall which creates the most enticing rustic interior and exterior. The free Wi-Fi is strong and I had zero problems while using it in the spacious outdoor seating.

Coffee rating – 9/10

2. Madame Waffle

Madame Waffle had the homeliest feeling. With three floors you are likely to get seated in this snug café. They offer the most picturesque waffles (which they are most known for) for perfect insta-braggability.

I also found the coffee here exceptional (perfectly foamy and strong) sat at the tables that run along the inside of the building looking onto the High street… to people watch obviously.

Coffee rating – 9/10

1. Coffee Aroma

This is the best place to catch up with mates after that tedious lecture. The atmosphere at Coffee Aroma is simply unmatched. The fairy lights, chess board tables and candles give off the best ambience. I didn’t know a café could feel so intimate until I found myself here.

It’s a faultless place to study but the most engaging thing about it is the “boozy mocha” option on the menu and the spirits behind the bar.

Coffee rating – 10/1o