UoL advises students to have their first Covid vaccination before travelling to Lincoln

If students require more information, they should speak to their academic schools or student support

Students at the University of Lincoln are being advised to have at least their first vaccination against coronavirus before coming to Lincoln next month, ahead of the beginning of the academic year.

In an email to all students, the university said: “Whilst most members of the university are fit and well, many staff and students have conditions that make them more vulnerable to Covid-19 or are carers for others who are vulnerable.

“We are all responsible for supporting each other and keeping the spread of the virus contained.”

The email lists five steps to “protect all members of the university community.” Students are asked, “please have at least your first Covid-19 vaccination before you travel to Lincoln.” The university will be of help to students who wish to book their vaccinations once in Lincoln.

The university has also asked students travelling to Lincoln to take two lateral flow tests three days apart, “to ensure you are not infectious with Covid-19.” Students are also asked to take “twice weekly” lateral flow tests to ensure “you can effectively manage your Covid status and keep others safe.” The tests must show negative results to be able to travel across the UK to university.

If students test positive for coronavirus whilst at Lincoln, they are asked”alert” the university through their Test, Care and Trace service and must self-isolate in line with Government requirements.

Face coverings are also being asked to be worn by students on campus in all enclosed, indoor public areas and during all face-to-face sessions unless they are specifically exempt.

If students have any questions about the contents of the email or require further information, they are asked to contact their academic school or [email protected].

The University of Lincoln said: “We hope this information is helpful and reassures you that we want you to have a great time in Lincoln and to enjoy every aspect of your time as safely as possible in an environment that respects and cares for others.”

More information on returning to Lincoln can be found on the university’s coronavirus FAQ page.