The University of Lincoln has appointed a new Vice-Chancellor

He will take on the position in October

Professor Neal Juster BSc PhD CEng FIMechE has been appointed as the University of Lincoln’s new Vice-Chancellor, following the retirement of Mary Stuart in March, who worked as Vice-Chancellor at Lincoln for 12 years and “has been a dynamic and influential leader for our institution.”

He will take up his position of Vice-Chancellor next month in October.

Professor Juster is currently the Deputy Vice Chancellor and Senior Vice Principal for the University of Glasgow, where “he has been responsible for the development and implementation of the university’s strategy, the university-wide change programme aimed at enhancing the student and staff experience.”

He has had previous key roles at the University of Leeds and Strathclyde. The University of Lincoln said: “Professor Juster brings a strong research profile. He has written a number of books and papers on the subjects of design education, computer aided design and manufacture, and rapid prototyping, addressing and solving real world problems.”

Diane Lees CBE, Pro Chancellor of the University of Lincoln, said: “We are delighted to welcome Neal to Lincoln at this pivotal moment in our institution’s history. So much has been achieved by so many committed and talented staff at Lincoln and Neal’s leadership will be crucial to create a vision and set the direction for the next period in our evolution.”

Professor Juster said: “I am honoured to be invited to lead the University of Lincoln through the next phase of its proud history. The University is vital to the city and its region. It attracts and retains talent, creates jobs, and contributes around £400m to the economy each year. Our collective ambition is to make Lincoln an institution of global significance and to build further on the amazing legacy that Professor Stuart has created.”