University of Lincoln’s Vice Chancellor donates part of her salary to provide PPE

She also donates part of her salary to a student scholarship

The University of Lincoln’s Vice Chancellor, Professor Mary Stuart, has donated a part of her salary to the University’s PPE campaign since the pandemic.

The University has been working on producing safety equipment for the NHS and frontline workers with the fundraiser having raised over £70k to help with the manufacturing of protective visors and ventilator parts.

Mary Stuart also donates a part of her salary each year to a student scholarship. This is the Vice-Chancellor’s Scholarship which “recognises exceptional academic ability and commitment in new undergraduate students at the University of Lincoln. It is funded through a generous gift made by the University’s Vice-Chancellor, Professor Mary Stuart.”

It has been confirmed that the Vice Chancellor’s at the University of Bristol and University of Nottingham would be taking a salary pay cut.

A spokesperson for the University of Lincoln told The Tab Lincoln: “Professor Mary Stuart donates a proportion of her salary annually to a student scholarship. Since the Covid-19 Crisis the VC has also donated a generous amount of her salary to the University’s PPE campaign, which is manufacturing 750 protective visors per day for the local NHS and other front line workers.”

“Lincoln is a top 20 University and rated as TEF Gold. Its Vice Chancellor, Professor Mary Stuart, receives one of the lowest salaries in the sector and decisions on her salary are taken by the University Board Remuneration committee.”