Image may contain: Factory, Chair, Furniture, Building

Uni of Lincoln is producing essential coronavirus safety equipment for the county hospital

The University has already given £50k and is asking for funding from the community

The University of Lincoln are producing equipment for Lincoln County Hospital, to aid them in combatting coronavirus.

This includes essentials, such as safety visors and ventilators parts, and the university has offered fifty thousand pounds funding.

The university is also asking the public to donate towards the making of the safety equipment through a JustGiving page, which has already reached over forty thousand pounds.

According to the page: “The University of Lincoln’s School of Engineering is using its expertise to produce safety visors and other equipment for Lincoln County Hospital.”

“We will be using the expertise of the School of Engineering to manufacture safety visors for medical staff. With raw material costs of around £2 per visor, Lincoln County Hospital needs up to 50 visors per patient per day to keep its staff safe.”

Professor Mary Stuart, Vice Chancellor of the University of Lincoln, said: “As a University we have a responsibility to serve the community in which we sit, and there has never been a more important time for us to step up and try to make a positive difference to the immense challenges faced by the health service in combating the COVID-19 virus.

“I am particularly proud of our engineering staff who are manufacturing safety visors and other equipment for use at Lincoln County Hospital.

“We are moving as quickly as we can to support our local community, and the University is contributing a large part of the cost needed to produce the equipment, […] Any amount you can give matters; I know that together, we can make a difference, and I hope as many of you as possible can support our efforts.”

You can support the JustGiving page here.