Why is the library lift still out of order?

My climb to the top has been halted

“Sorry, Out of Order”

Yeah, it is a bit out of order that the middle elevator has been broken for almost two weeks now.

In my final year at uni, I’d taken the initiative to get some work done and ventured into the unknown. I’d entered the library hoping to avoid the people getting the lift to the first floor (seriously, why?) and come face to face with the ageing out of order sign.

I procrastinate enough without any help, so why is the library slowing down my journey to the sacred 3rd floor yellow zone even more?

It’s a bit ridiculous when you consider that the Attenborough paternoster keeps churning away – a true symbol of reliability amidst these trying times. Who even knows how it works? All I know is that if you miss the get off point at 2nd then you are thrust into the darkness of the basement. Rumour has it that this was the real burial location of Richard III.

Are you trying to make me fail Leicester?

The elevator, a superior piece of German engineering has lost out to the paternoster, a piece of classic British antiquity. Sound familiar anyone?

Is anyone going to repair the elevator? The main desk in the lobby of the library couldn’t comment on when it would be fixed, so it looks like this is for the long run. For now I’ll just keep waiting for another one. I bet if I started a petition to fix it I’d get more votes than the NUS referendum did.