10 Things to expect from ‘I Love Mondays’ at Republic

10 things about ‘I Love Mondays’ that you should know

Monday is usually a day every student dreads. With the start of yet another week of boring lectures, and seminars you haven’t really prepared for, it’s hard to be excited on a Monday morning at the prospect of what the rest of the day holds.

However, with the official launch of a brand new (but not really) night taking part on the first day of each week at Republic, ‘I Love Mondays’ will be sure to get Leicester students loving Monday again.

Most will know Monday nights at Republic by its former name ‘Superstar Mondays’ but with the involvement of Rockstar Promotions the night has been rebranded, just in time for the new intake of Freshers.

Those Monday night Republic veterans fretting over the possibility of change to their beloved night don’t worry, not much appears to have changed apart from the name. For those not in the know, here’s 10 things to expect:

Location

Monday nights shenanigans are not held in the O2 Academy like Red Leicester and Shabang. I Love Mondays is located on the other side of the city at Club Republic and will take an extra couple of minutes and pounds to get there, so cut pre drinks early.

1263880_573738979330031_2011815931_o

Photo: facebook.com/BrightTiePhotography

Entry

Standard price for entry is like most student nights put on by Rockstar. It’s £4 with a ticket in advance or £5 on the door. Make sure to get your ticket in advance, it gets busy early on and can be difficult to get in.

Getting Lost

You will get lost, Republic is a huge club packed with thousands of people and you will most probably lose all your friends in the first ten minutes, just make new ones!

Music Variety

Perhaps the best thing about this night, whatever you’re into, Pop/Hip Hop/Cheese, it caters for everyone. As Republic self-proclaims ‘five clubs, one venue’ so take your pick.

Rammed … I Love Mondays launch night. Photo: facebook.com/BrightTiePhotography

Drinks Deals

The most popular drink deal on the night is a double vodka and mixer which will set you back £2.50 with bottles of Stella/VK at the same price. These drinks will be your best friend at 1AM but your worst enemy sitting in your 9AM lecture.

Special Guests

In the past, Mondays at Republic have conjured up some big name DJ’s from time to time, including dubstep producer Doorly and international DJ Kissy Sell Out.

DMU

This is one of the few times both Leicester universities mingle on a night out, there’s never usually any trouble but the Mondays before and after Varsity season can get a bit hairy.

Ear Penetrating Noise

This is the loudest club in Leicester, you won’t be able to talk to friends on the dance floor and it’s going to give your ears a good ringing, one tip is not to dance near the speakers on the floor.

Waiting

Chances are if you arrive late, you are going to be waiting a long time, and once in its going to take you more time to wait for your drink at the bar to actually drink it.

Hangover

When you buy your £4 ticket, not only are you getting guaranteed entry for the night but your also buying a hangover as well, if there’s one thing to expect from ‘I love Mondays’ at Republic it’s a hangover.

With all this to look forward to, get yourself down to the new ‘I love Mondays’ event starting after Freshers, having launched on September 23rd. The chances are Monday could be your new favourite day, but Tuesday may not be so pleasant.