Bro, do you even lift?

Stephen Olagoke, Leicester’s biggest man?

MASS, its members flaunt their chests and usually can’t resist a pec dance. If you don’t know who they are, look for the micro-mini tank tops. When The Tab decided to find the biggest guy on campus, MASS member, Stephen Olagoke, seemed to press his way to the top of the list.

At the Fit Factor Competition 2013

Stats:

Age: 21

Degree course: Aerospace Engineering

Hometown: Manchester

Best thing about Leicester: The mixed population

Signature piece of clothing: A white/yellow stringer

Current weight: 72.5 kgs

Weight he:

a) Benches: 80 kgs
b) Squats: 150 kgs
c) Back extensions 92.5kgs (including weight)

Cheat day treats: Pizza, chips and fried chicken

Favourite drink: Jack Daniel’s & coke

The Regime

To maintain his physique, our big man goes to the gym 5 times a week and works on different areas throughout the week.

When a competition is just around the corner, like this year’s bodybuilding ‘Fit Factor Competition’ where Stephen impressively won third place, the gym is pretty much where most of his time is spent.

Diet is key when looking after your physique which isn’t a problem for Stephen as one of his favourite hobbies is cooking. Around 30 pounds are spent on groceries each week as he eats about 5-6 meals a day.

His favourite dish? Mince beef baked with vegetables, mushrooms and peppers with brown rice or sweet potato.

Plans for the future

It seems like Stephen has his 10 year plan already mapped out. Following his graduation this year, Stephen aims to pursue a full time engineering job as well as acquire the qualifications to become a personal trainer, a job he would like to have on the side.

However, the bigger plan is to accomplish his dream of becoming a pilot. By the time Stephen is 30, he’d like to have acquired a licence to fly.

‘Look natural’

Words of wisdom from the man himself:

“Once you find like-minded people who believe in you and motivate you, you can always achieve your goal. Believe in creating your own image and take your own approach on life. No matter how busy you are, always look after yourself. Wealth cannot buy health!”