Breaking News

LUSU announces the Sugarbus will return ‘due to popular demand’

LUSU announce that the Sugarbus will be returning to Lancs uni nights out

Lancaster University Students’ Union (LUSU)  has just announced that the Sugarbus will be returning “due to popular demand”. This will be in place from this Wednesday, the 25th of April, Week 21.

The Sugarbus is a bus run by the students’ union that transports students to and from Sugar on Wednesday and Friday nights. A return ticket from the uni will cost £1.

When Sugar was announced to be reopening in October, it was accompanied by the news that the Sugarbus would not be returning.

This previous announcement was met with outrage from students, and students alongside various FTO’s have been campaigning for the return of the Sugarbus since it was cancelled.

LUSU said: “The Save Our Sugarbus student team @lupolisociety and the Full-Time Officers have been working together since Term 1 and we can finally announce that the Sugarbus will be returning from Week 21! Return tickets will cost £1 and bus times can be found at @the_sugarhouse and on the event pages for Sugar’s club nights.

“We would like to thank Stagecoach for cooperating with us on providing a service at the earliest opportunity, and we’d also like to thank every student who signed the petition and supported the campaign. We are so pleased to show the positive outcomes that student activism can bring.”

“We can’t wait to see students back waiting at the Underpass on their way to Sugar but more importantly, on a safe journey home back to campus after their night out!”

On the Sugarhouse’s Instagram, @the_sugarhouse , the nightclub announced the SugarBus’ Timetable. The bus will be leaving campus from Lonsdale at 22:45, and from the underpass at 23:22 and 00:08. The bus will return to campus from the sugarhouse at 01:50, 02:30 and 03:10.

Sugarhouse also informed students that Stagecoach are not currently able to supply drivers for Roses this weekend and so there will be no SugarBus on Saturday or Sunday nights this week.

Related articles recommended by this writer