The Sugarhouse confirmed to reopen October 4th

The Sugarhouse will be opening its doors for Welcome Week 2021

Lancaster University’s Students’ Union have confirmed that the Union run club, The Sugarhouse, will be open as of October 4th, 2021.

A post on the LUSU website announced that the “Trustee Board unanimously approved to reopen the Sugarhouse”, and the club will be open for the coming academic year’s Welcome Week.

LUSU built up to the announcement by posting on social media about a “Super Secret Event” that took place today, August 6th, at 3.30 pm.

Students’ Union President, Oliver Robinson, stated: “The Sugarhouse is extremely popular with students at Lancaster, and we know they have really missed it in this past year – although they understand the reasons that it had to remain closed like so many hospitality venues.

“We are really looking forward to reopening and providing our members with an exciting, entertaining, but most of all, safe place to go when they come to Lancaster.”

The post also reveals that LUSU will be employing 70 students for the reopening, and that those interested should “keep an eye on our website for the job advertisement.”

More information on the reopening and events planned for Welcome Week will be coming soon.