A new alternative club night is coming to Yorkshire House

Lancaster’s getting Rawkus

RocSoc alums will be familiar with rocking out in Yorkshire House but for all you newbies: a massive alternative clubnight Rawkus! is coming to Lancaster.

Starting October 8th, The Yorkshire House will be hosting Rawkus! Club nights every second Thursday of the month.

It’s about time this city got something more than retro and house.

Not too shabby

The Yorkshire House spends most of its days as just another of Lancaster’s mammoth 53 pubs. But its pedigree as a venue for alternative music is solid, being used for just about all of RocSoc’s gigs.

The man responsible for all this, History fresher & RocSoc DJ Matt Seddon is over the moon that Rawkus! is coming to Lancaster. He says: “I don’t see Rawkus! as just an alternative clubnight – it is much more.

“This is by far one of the most exciting things to come to this city, and we cannot wait to get the ball rolling”

The clubnight will showcase a variety of alternative music, from pop punk to hardcore. Fingers crossed for a grunge revival night.

Matt Seddon, seen here in his natural habitat

The nearest Rawkus! clubnight at the moment is Preston, which charges £3 for entry (£2 with NUS card) and features offers of £1.50 Jägermeister shots, £2 pints and £2 JD&Cokes.

RocSoc president, Natural Science fresher Matt Melling, said: “We’re excited to see heavier genres coming to Lancaster’s nightlife, and hopefully it will attract crowds as large as other Rawkus! events across the country”.

Law first year George says: “It sounds pretty cool, I’d like to hear more about the drink offers though.”

You can like the Facebook page here, and Moshaholic Promotions’, who are bringing the night to Lancaster, here.