11 TikTok dances you need to learn while in quarantine

Yes, you should self-isolate and no you’re not too cool for TikTok

A pandemic has taken over the world and isn’t showing any signs of slowing down. No, I don’t mean the coronavirus, I’m talking about TikTok. It is truly a global disease that is hard to stay away from and takes everyone and everything in its path. Like COVID-19, TikTok is highly infectious and will take hold of you at some point.  You have been warned.

Many of us are choosing to stay indoors and self-isolate in order to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As many younger people are asymptomatic, self-isolation is essential to preventing further spread of the virus and endanger those at risk.

But let’s face it, staying inside is boring. It’s dull, it’s draining and leaves you plenty of time to dwell on the escalating global pandemic that everyone is talking about. It’s not good for the mind, body or soul. So, in order to relieve boredom and anxiety and get some well-needed endorphins flowing, here are some of the most popular TikTok dances you can learn during self-isolation to prevent going mad.

Like The Holy Church of TikTok for all the best TikTok videos and articles

Renegade

Difficulty: 4/5

Probably the most famous and well-known TikTok dance. Jalaiah Harmon, the 14-year-old girl who came up with it has found internet fame and even got to perform it on Ellen.

Say So

Difficulty: 2/5

People thought the Say So dance would ruin the song but Doja Cat jumped on the online trend and incorporated it into her music video. Genius if you ask me.

Supalonely

Difficulty: 3/5

If Supalonely doesn’t neatly sum up how you feel in quarantine then I don’t know what does.

Heatwave

Difficulty: 3/5

Thanks to the nation’s sweethearts, Siânnise Fudge and Luke T, this dance has been making waves on TikTok. We only recommend doing it if you’re coupled up with someone in quarantine as it could look a bit sad if you try and do it alone.

Wow you can really dance

Difficulty: 3/5

Find someone in isolation with you and force them to make this one because believe me it’s really funny.

Cannibal

Difficulty: 2/5

Praying that the food shortages caused by the coronavirus won’t lead to us actually becoming cannibals but at this point, anything could happen. Might as well learn it.

Don’t Start Now

Difficulty: 1/5

Or Don’t Start (Coughing) Now as we should rename it. Honestly is there anything Dua Lipa can’t do?

Hands clapping

Difficulty: 4/5

This is quite a technical one as you have to be quick on your feet but worth learning as it is impressive. Side note, if you need to clap your hands at anyone, let it be for our amazing health service working hard to keep us safe.

Get Busy (Shake that Thing)

Difficulty: 2/5

Get busy is an annoying name for someone who is self-isolating but this TikTok is a feel-good dance that will help you take your mind off things.

Duet me pls I’m lonely 

Difficulty: 1/5

Another fitting name for a TikTok to learn while stuck on your own. Some of the best versions of this dance have been done in public places but given the circumstances please refrain from doing this.

Blinding Lights

Difficulty: 2/5

A late contender for the littest TikTok dance to date, the Weeknd’s Blinding Lights requires three people who can move in relative sync with each other. The opening is fairly regimented, although it’s up to you whether you want to dab or not. The last two seconds leave some room for creativity, so go wild.