King’s makes classes online due to coronavirus

Classes will be online from the 23rd March

King’s College London have announced all classes will be taught online from Monday 23 March.

The email sent round to students stated all classes: “will be delivered online from 23 March 2020. This will remain until the beginning of May 2020.”

In the email, sent out to all students just after 4pm today, Senior Vice President Chris Mottershead outlined the university’s arrangements for teaching, exams, events and clinical placements for medical students.

In addition to moving classes, online “exams and assessments will take place remotely after Easter.”

All clinical placements for medical students will be suspended from today, as a result, “freeing up clinicians to focus on delivery of care.” These students will instead receive a ” full programme of teaching activity using webinars and other measures, so that progress on the course is not interrupted.”

“All university events, gatherings or meetings with over 50 people are to be offered virtually, postponed or cancelled until, at the very earliest, the start of May 2020.”

The email recognises that “these are extraordinary and uncertain times” and assure they are taking these decisions because they “believe this is the best course of action” to “protect” staff and students.

Students will be contacted by their individual faculties and departments in the near future and “once plans are in place”.

This email follows LSE’s announcement to make all classes online from the 23rd March onwards.

King’s College London also announced on Wednesday that traditional exams will not take place, some departments have opted for online exams, whereas others are still deciding what form “alternative assessments” will take.

Photo Credit: SWNS