King’s finalists most likely to vote Labour, says new research

#milifandom

Over a third of KCL’s class of 2015 are backing Labour in the general election.

27% of left-leaning finalists are also vowing to vote for the Greens.

A new study confirms that 37% of King’s finalists intend to vote Labour, compared to 30% of students who will vote Tory.

Unsurprisingly, support for Lib Dems trails behind at a meagre 5%.

Nigel Farage has also failed to make an impression on King’s students, with only 1% getting behind UKIP in May.

Meanwhile, the Strand Campus itself is pretty much guaranteed to remain in a Tory stronghold, as predictions from Electoral Calculus indicate that the Conservatives have a 95% chance of keeping their seat in Cities of London and Westminster.

Tory 4 lyf

Second year philosopher Caitlin Evans will be voting Green. She told the Tab, “The Green Party is the only party which offers a genuine, democratic alternative to the business as usual politics of the other main parties. They offer ambitious new policies which aim to fight for the common good, the main target being to ensure everyone lives in a safe environment without the fear of not being able to put food on the table, and to do so without killing the planet in the mean time.”

She added: “They want to make real change, and I believe that is why they appeal to so many students,”

Meanwhile, when asked why KCL students are choosing to vote against the current government, KCL Tory Soc member Josh Boyle said, “I don’t agree with the premise of the question. At KCL, Labour are admittedly quite far ahead, but the level of support for the Conservatives is not too far off that of national polls. This poll showed Labour and the Tories tied on 31% of the overall student vote,”

“Ultimately, I’ll support the Conservatives because they’ll let me keep more of my money when I start my first job, and they’ll help grow the economy so that I’ll be able to get one in the first place.”