Horrific collision outside Virginia Woolf Building tears ROOF off bus

Five people were injured

A London bus has had its top torn off following a terrifying collision with a tree.

The whole top of the bus was ripped off by the force of a low hanging branch, leaving five people injured, and several people in shock.

The police, fire brigade, ambulance crew and TfL are all at the scene. The number of the bus is unknown, and it is unknown exactly how the incident occurred but the police are currently investigating.

The incident occurred just outside King’s College London’s Virginia Woolf Building at approximately 2pm on Monday. Southbound traffic on Kingsway has been stopped as the road is now closed.

The pavement alongside the bus has also been cordoned off with police tape, meaning that a lot of students may not make it in on time for their classes.

Security guard Peter, who works in Virginia Woolf, saw the whole incident occur, and said the emergency services arrived very swiftly.

Spanish and Portuguese student Sarah Webb said: “It’s shocking to know that something so serious happened so near to the uni,”

“I’m sending my thoughts out to all those affected.”

TfL have announced on their Twitter that there will be severe delays with Kingsway remaining closed.