The 11 best Halloween events happening in Glasgow this year

Here to help you have a BOO-zy Halloween!

Happy October! This month is filled with lots of typical autumn things: midterms, rainy weather, the return of a pitch black 5pm, but also Halloween! If you love dressing up or hate it, Halloween events are always a good excuse for a class night out and I would highly recommend having a look at this list to see what Glasgow has to offer over ‘Halloweek’.

1. The Big Fat Scary Halloween Quiz

Committee Room No.9. (Friday 28th October)

If club nights aren’t your thing, maybe a pub quiz will be? Chill vibes, an opportunity to dress up without having to go dancing, and a huge bar tab on the line? Sign me up!

2. After Dark with Dami Hope

Rumor (Sunday 3oth October)

OnTheLow are putting on a Halloween club night at Rumor with special guest, Love Island 2022 alum, Dami Hope! With DJs playing afrobeat, hip-hop, rap, and more, this event will certainly be a good one! Costumes are optional (but come on, it’s Halloween). 10.30pm to 3am of pure vibes in my opinion. Tickets are nearly sold out but get last-release tickets and table packages for the event here.

3. Down the Rabbit Hole: Psychedelic Wonderland

Oran Mor (Friday 28th October)

An immersive Halloween experience with the event being described as having a 10 foot Mad Hatter, trippy visuals, giant inflatable rabbits and more. This kooky event seems pretty unforgettable and, in my opinion, pretty unmissable.

4. The Rocky Horror Halloween Scream

Platform (Saturday 29th October)

An absolute Halloween classic. This event is a sing-along screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show with (hopefully) some tribute costumes but I couldn’t find anything to confirm this – though this may be the only place that no one would give you two looks if you showed up in shiny gold hot pants and nothing else.

5. GlasGLOW

Botanic Gardens (26th October – 13th November)

A Glasgow classic. The Botanic Gardens are transformed with beautiful lights and a new theme every year (this year ‘The Land That Time Forgot’, a.k.a, dinosaurs – yas). Their website says “GlasGLOW is back this Halloween, bigger and better than ever, after four sold out years and thousands of five-star reviews. Explore Glasgow’s Botanic Gardens, with an epic 60 minute outdoor adventure, with the return of Marshmallow Land, our gourmet street food village and a spectacular GLOW bar.”

Basically a load of wholesome fun and pretty lights! Definitely worth the visit with your gran, your pals, or your S/O. Tickets are selling out fast but get yours here.

6. Bongo’s Bingo presents Southern Comfort’s House Of Boo

SWG3 (Thursday 27th October)

Who doesn’t love a bit of bingo?! The SWG3 classic is hosting a Halloween special which sounds pretty class to me.

7. Halloween House Disco

The Social. (Saturday 29th October)

Giveaways, DJs, musicians, costumes, cocktails. What more could you want on Halloween? Or more accurately, the Friday before Halloween.

8. HALLOWEEN XL

Sub Club (Monday 31st October)

A Subbie classic. Maybe don’t put too much effort into your costume, though, as you will most likely end up sweating and grimy within the hour anyway…

9. Lady Balls Bingo Halloween Special

Hillhead Bookclub (Wednesday 27th)

Drag and bingo go hand in hand. Add some spookiness and you have yourself a fabulous evening. Plus, it’s free entry – so absolutely no excuse.

10. Day and Night Halloween

The Sanctuary (Sunday 30th October)

Sanc Sundays but make it a 4 pm start – I applaud you if you manage the full event, lord knows I would be asleep in the corner. As with all of these, costumes are expected but not required.

11. Halloween Hive

GUU (Monday 31st October)
Of course when this was confirmed with us we had to include this one! How couldn’t we?

Did this list inspire you to attend something next week? Are there any we missed that you’ll be attending? What costume are you wearing? Talk to us about it on our Instagram.

Related stories recommended by this author: