Karen Buckley’s murderer has been moved to a new prison ‘for his own safety’

Apparently he’d become a target

Alexander Pacteau, the murderer of student nurse Karen Buckely from Glasgow, has been moved to a new prison after he reportedly became a “target” for the other inmates.

Karen was murdered on the 12th of April last year, after she left the popular nightclub Sanctury in Glasgow’s West end and was lured into Pacteau’s car.

Pacteau admitted to attacking her with a spanner and strangling her in his car before trying to dissolve her body in a bath of caustic soda. The student’s remains were found four days later in a barrel on a farm outside the city.

Pacteau was sentenced to a minimum of 23 years for his horrific crime and began serving his sentence at HMP Shotts, however he has now been moved to privately-run Kilmarnock prison.

The Daily Record reported that he was moved by police chiefs as the other inmates were a threat to his own safety and gave this quote from one insider: “He’d become a target to some dangerous people who are aware of what he’s done.

“Prison chiefs had no choice but to move him. But he will probably face the same reaction there.”

The Tab recently launched a campaign to light up Kelvin Way. Sign the petition and encourage Glasgow City Council to act.