We searched for Cardiff’s best Pumpkin Spice Latte so you don’t have to

Dust off those UGG boots and run don’t walk to Starbucks because PSL season is back

autumn Cardiff cardiff Pls psl cardiff pumpkin spice latte Cardiff

As earlier sunsets and falling leaves return, so does the Pumpkin Spice Latte. We have compiled the following list of pumpkin spice lattes available in Cardiff, ranging from well-known favourites to newer versions of the classic autumnal drink.

Pret A Manger

They already have a place in our hearts for providing us with a student-friendly subscription, and now Pret have given us an absolutely delicious Pumpkin Spice Latte, a very strong start to the list. A delicate combination of cinnamon and coffee, plus it’s available as decaf and with milk substitutes. Perfect for anyone looking for a quality pumpkin spice latte this autumn.

Rating: 9/10

Price: £3.25

Location: St David’s Shopping Centre                                                                                         

Hard Lines

Hard Lines, which is arguably the most aesthetic independent coffee shop in Cardiff, is home to a very impressive pumpkin spice latte. With locations in Cardiff Market and Canton, there are plenty of opportunities for you to try it out. This latte is filled with flavours of cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger and a decaf version is also available. However, the highlight of the latte has to be the paper cup in which it’s served, featuring the company’s adorable logo. There’s no reason not to try it out!

Rating: 9/10 

Price: £3.70

Location: Cardiff Central Market, Cowbridge Rd                       

Starbucks 

The blueprint for the ultimate PSL and the mothership to every autumnal basic bitch. We had high expectations of Starbucks, and of course, they delivered. This year, Starbucks has introduced a new option in the Pumpkin Spice range, the Pumpkin Cream Cold Brew, which has been popular in the US for a while already. We tried the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino and it was as enjoyable as ever. If you want to pose with it on your story, we won’t blame you.

Rating: 10/10        

Price: £4.25

Location: Queen Street

Tim Hortons 

Sadly, Tim Horton’s version of the Pumpkin Spice Latte didn’t do it for us. It didn’t have a particularly authentic taste, with the flavour of coffee overpowering any hint of pumpkin spice. Despite this, the latte was still enjoyable and is available in a number of sizes. You are able to customise the latte to suit your preferences in terms of coffee strength but there is no decaf option available. You can also choose from a range of milk substitutes. During certain weeks they offer a promotion where you can get a small size for 99p, so it’s definitely worth checking out if you’re looking for a bargain.

Rating: 5/10

Price: 99p (usually £3.79)

Location: Queen’s Arcade, Queen Street

Bubbleology  

Bubbleology’s autumnal take on bubble tea tastes as good as it looks, with a distinctive pumpkin taste and whipped cream to finish. It’s best paired with tapioca pearls or you can always experiment with the range of toppings they have on offer. You can choose from a range of sizes and can even customise your sugar and ice levels to make it exactly right. Despite not being a traditional pumpkin spice latte, it’s still a fun way to enjoy an autumnal drink.

Rating: 8/10

Price: £4.35

Location: St Mary Street

Recommended articles by this writer: