Cardiff Christmas Nightlife: Everything that’s happening this final week

Do any of us even bother with uni this week?

Autumn semester is coming to an end, which can only mean one thing: we waste what little money we have getting pissed because we won’t see our friends for three weeks.

And that is too much pain, so here’s everything going on this week worthwhile.

Drown your Christmassy sorrows.

Monday 5th December

Glam

The Fest never disappoints when it comes to Glam Monday’s and being the last week of the year it continues with its classic club vibes with Christmas Jumper Fest.

The event will include face painters, a balloonist and the regular roof top silent discos, as well as its cheap drinks.

Tickets cost between £2 and £5 depending on your group size, and of course, you must don your ugliest Christmas jumper.

Clwb Ifor Bach

Itchy Feet is back in Welsh Club this Monday for its Christmas special. The event asks you to dress to impress when you enter the club on Monday.

It promises the usual rock and roll, funk, swing, R&B, ska and soul.

Tickets are £7.

Tuesday 6th December

Clwb Ifor Bach

Triple Cooked head to Welsh club to take over all three floors of the venue.

As per usual, the event says you should expect live art, unique decor and amazing DJ sets throughout the night.

It’s final release tickets are £10 and there are only 100 left.

Wednesday 7th December

Y Plas

The last YOLO of 2016 is transforming into Snolo for a Christmas special, which assures to turn away Grinch’s at the door.

The weekly Lash is the only place to be this Wednesday. It’s your last chance of 2016 to get with sports teams, wear your whackiest and get away with it, and go crazy.

Entry is free before 11pm, and £4 afterwards.

Thursday 8th December

Buffalo

Carnival is returning to Cardiff this Thursday for their End Of Term Bash. Infamously naughty with its reggae music, its set to be a hit in Buffalo.

The venue asks for your duttiest Whining, Skanking and Twerking, after two previous sell out events.

Tickets are currently £4 on second release, and will go up for £5 when those sell out.

Friday 9th December

The Taf and Y Plas

Drink the Bar Dry is back for Cardiff Student Union’s final event of 2016.

The theme is Destination: Winter Wonderland and the festivities start at 11 in the morning for 12 hours of Tafmas, where you then head to Y Plas for its final event. You can also win a trip to London.

Advance tickets are £5 and VIP are £8, both giving you a DTBD T-shirt.