The Ten Reasons Why Cardiff Definitely Is The Best City To Be Young

Recent polls have ranked Cardiff as the best city for youths, The Tab looks into why it’s such an irresistible place to live.

Job Satisfaction and Earnings

Group-working-People

70% of Cardiff residents love their job and on average manage to bag £21,585 per year, compared to £21,326 nationally.

Spare Cash

savings

The locals manage to save 41% more than the national average, which adds up to £231 per month (that could buy you 21 hearty Nandos!!!)

Rent

200567122-001 Money British

Rent’s slightly cheaper too! Londoners dash out £1,110 per month, but you can live for £804 per month.

Transport

coryton-halt-02-1

All this savings and extra money means you can travel more! In 2012, Cardiff rail commuters were ranked the ‘happiest in the country.’

Sport

cardiff-city-rebrand

Cardiff City loyal football fans will be overjoyed as they’re beloved team has secured a position in the Championship this year for the first time in the past 51 years! And that’s not even touching on the rugby mad capital.

Destination Capital

cardiff_01_l

Cardiff was ranked at #6 for ‘Best Trips of Summer’ in 2011 – above exotic Honduras and beachy Portugal.

Weather

7074524917_8a07e7e169_c

Shockingly, rainy wet Cardiff receives more sunlight than fashion destination Milan as it’s one of the flattest cities in Britain.

Alcohol

Orchard-Gold

Two words: Welsh Cider

The award winning Gwynt Y Ddraig’s cider is much stronger and tastes better than its national and international competitors!

Music

Spillers_Records_Cardiff

Music lovers would be delighted to know that Cardiff houses ‘The Oldest Record Shop in The World.’ Spillers Records in Morgan Arcade sells vinyls, ranging from Rock to Jazz.

Art

museum-cardiff

Artsy readers should be excited as Cardiff houses one of the best Impressionist art collections outside art capital Paris. The National Gallery boasts works by Monet and Van Gogh