Celebrate National Cupcake Week in Style

The best cupcake inspired styles…

If National Cupcake week isn’t a good enough excuse to devour your own body weight in bright sugary cakes, it’s surely a good enough excuse to dress like one. Whilst looking for ideas on cupcake inspired style, I came across this…

And thus came to the conclusion that dressing like an actual cupcake is not a look many can pull off.

Therefore, I’ve searched for some of the best cupcake inspired items to brighten up the miserable Welsh winter days. We need to make sure you don’t end up on Fashion Bitch right?

For those of you who loved pretending we had a Summer this year in pretty pastel skirts, shorts and dresses, fear not, as pastels have transcended the seasonal barrier into Autumn/Winter 2012. This season’s pastels are practical and subtle in the form of jumpers, jeans, hi-tops and handbags.

New Look – £16.99

Topshop – £48

Topshop – £14

Lana del Rey for H&M – £19.99

H&M – £99.99

The Cambridge satchel company has a beautiful bright twist on a classic…

£94

Ebay offers a more student and purse friendly option…

£19.99

And for those who are slightly more daring, or just love cupcakes…

ASOS – £12

ASOS – £22.50

This dress nails two trends with peplum detail and cupcake print. Team it with a leather biker jacket, thick tights, chunky boots and a cozy scarf to make it a bit more edgy and more suitable for the Welsh winter.

This Summer, celebrities such as Lauren Conrad, Kate Bosworth and Ellie Goulding proved that pastel and coloured hair isn’t just for Emos and Hippies.

Coloured hair is set to stay this winter, but if you’re not willing to commit to something a bit out-there then River Island have temporary ‘colour shadow’ in pastels and bright colours to try.

River Island – £6

Finally, if these cupcake and pastel inspired style ideas aren’t enough for you and you really do want to go all out-there this week then I leave you with this…

Well it worked for Katy Perry?