Round up of all the May Balls

Overwhelmed by the endless list of May Balls on next week and need a simple list to organise your thoughts?

Cambridge may balls Tab what's on

Here’s an easy to digest list that should make it easier for any criminals to work out when to crash which May Ball (which we do not condone).

FRIDAY 12TH:

• Homerton May Ball. Theme: Olympus. Tickets: Sold out. Little has been anounced about ents at this ball, but an internationally recognised headliner has been promised, along with 5 stages, 2 dance floors and over 31 acts.
  • Robinson May Ball. Theme: Rewinds. Tickets: Sold out. The ball promises to send us back to our youthful glory, with performances from Saint Raymond, Sunset Sons, Romare and more.

SATURDAY 13TH:

• Hughes Hall May Ball. Theme: Around the world in 12 hours. Tickets: Dining tickets remain. The event hopes to transport you to the romantic age of exploration and has The Brass Funkeys and Cadenza amongst its headliners.

SUNDAY 14TH:

• Emma May Ball. Theme: Naturalis Historiae: An Illustrated Guide. Tickets: Sold out. Party alongside the delights of the natural world, with food from around the world and a Dj set from Pendulum featuring MC Verse.

Be wowed by Jesus’ pretty lighting

MONDAY 15TH:

• Jesus May Ball. Theme: Wildcard. Tickets: Sold out. A very popular event every year with entertainment and food to suit everyone’s needs and even a performance from James Bay.
  • Clare May Ball. Theme: The Imaginarium. Tickets: Some remaining. Clare have pleased so far with their surreal theme and their impressive bookings of Professor Green and Raleigh Ritchie
  • Trinity May Ball. Tickets: Sold out. The ultimate May Ball for its tradition and fame, you’re unlikely to be disappointed. This year, Fuse ODG, Grandmaster Flash and Honeyblood will be playing.

TUESDAY 16TH:

• Downing May Ball. Theme: Written by Roald Dahl and illustrated by Quentin Blake. Tickets: Sold out. We predict a lot of nostalgia from this ball and great entertainment from The Feeling, Wretch 32 and Steve Smart.
  • Queens’ May Ball. Theme: The Museum of Curiosity. Tickets: Some remaining. A wide variety of entertainment is promised, with several headliners including Coast, Lucy Rose and B*witched.
  • St John’s May Ball. Tickets: Sold Out. This exclusive May Ball is a student favourite, with performances from Jess Glynne, All We Are, Afriquoi, The 2 Bears Dj set, The Menendez Brothers and comedy from the Horne Section.

The famous fireworks display of St John’s May Ball

WEDNESDAY 17TH:

• King’s Affair: Theme: Glitch. Tickets: Sold out. Get creative thinking of your glitchy fancy dress, and look forward to what promises to be an eccentric night with a Dj set from Ben UFO.
  • Magdalene May Ball. Tickets: Sold out. Enjoy the beautiful garden, endless champagne or music from the Fratellis at this white tie event.
  • Pembroke May Ball. Theme: Elemental. Tickets: Sold out. Pembroke have pleased many so far with their ents, with Little Comets, Becky Will and Wankelmut announced to perform at this night of revelry.
  • Peterhouse May Ball. Tickets: Sold out. The famous, white-tie event will see Ben UFO grace its halls for a Dj set, alongside first-class entertainment, food and drinks.
  • Trinity Hall June Event. Theme: Marmalade Skies. Tickets: Sold out. Ever since Annie Mac was announced as headliner, there has been a lot of hype about this retro themed alternative May Week event.

One of the more popular Radio 1 Djs, Annie Mac is set to play at Trinity Hall’s June Event.

FRIDAY 19TH:

• Corpus Christi May Ball. Theme: Party of a Lifetime: From Innocence to Experience. Tickets: Sold out. With promises of bespoke Corpus Christi gin, a headline performance from Bondax, Alex Metric and KSteward, this ball is a set to be one to remember.
  • St Edmund’s May Ball. Theme: Bootlegger Ball. Tickets: Some remaining. Little is known so far, but the 1920’s theme is bound to be a hit.
  • Wolfson June Event. Theme: 50 Years, 5 Decades, 1 Party. Tickets: Some remaining. A celebration of 50 years of Wolfson College, with a line-up yet to be announced.
  • Darwin May Ball. Theme: Arcadia. Tickets: Contact college. The ball plans to be a night fit for the gods, with acts still to be announced.

SATURDAY 20TH:

• Selwyn May Ball. Tickets: Sold out. It’s worth holding out for this late event in May Week as Selwyn Ball returns after a seven year hiatus, with headline performances from the Ministry of Sound, Just Kiddin and Martin 2 Smoove to top it off.

Get prepared to make sure you don’t regret the money you’ve spent on tickets by drinking the equivalent in prosecco.