Found in Translation

CHLOE COLEMAN and TIM SQUIRRELL enlist the help of Google Translate to make sense of Found In Translation.

Monday 3rd March, Corpus Playroom, 9.30pm, £5/6

DISCLAIMER: like the show, this review has been run several times through google translate.

This work, Tim says , ‘Really see shit like Shakespeare’. You know language . And I think we need to know what happened, but it just is not. And this is the beauty Found in Translation.

The idea is at once funny : run the script using Google Translate as many languages ​​as possible before returning to the English, then the food in the form of various languages ​​and see how the audience laughs to fall into an inclusive dialogue ‘for the sake of shit’ and ‘teach a cow chewing wool and turn the ears.’ It’s a bit like GCSE German project must make sense, but not really.

The following dialogue is humor in its simplest form, the hugs and completely absurd. From the beginning, the audience was in stitches and regular laughter throughout the show. Not only is the dialogue, but the game was completely ridiculous, and it comes with a man in a dress that looked suspiciously similar metamorphosis Max Toomey and shoot a water gun all the cast in the middle of a discussion. I do not think it was written, but most of the work.

One of the main problems is that every game concept of innovation is weakened after five minutes – or fifteen years, if done properly, as it was here. You need to keep your energy up so that if the concept is normal, the show is not boring life. While the cast makes an admirable effort , especially with Prince Harry Hurd and Sarah-Jane Ewart as Narrator , the show lasted almost an hour and a half, and could really believe that half benefited length. Some scenes, particularly the meeting with the good fairy was too long and complicated, with the absurd way to boredom – it’s hard to believe that any scene with zombies Otter can be tedious, but the combination of the difficulties in understanding the frequency fast delivery very slightly complicated dialogue, combined with the sheer information overload, some parts did drag a bit , despite the frenetic energy of the cast.

Only one member of the cast had acted before, so this was a real amateur theater . You could tell they really like, and most of them had love – many of them friends or family of the cast and crew. It was a great atmosphere in the room, and it feels like our review of a show that had a budget of £40 and gave all his winnings to charity, so it is fortunate that we had little reason to do so. The game is completely unpretentious and I can say that many of the scenes were a speech “would not be fun if you could catch you doing this? ” . In a theater scene so often , properly addressed with high intensity and drama productions, it was refreshing to see something so cheerful. Unlike some of the participants who could get “Love Diabetes” from sweetness of this game, but it was definitely an offer for a night worth a visit.